Warehouse Associate I - Waterworks - Tyler TX Job
Date: Apr 12, 2014
Location Tyler, TX, US
Company: HD Supply
|Line of Business||Waterworks|
|Minimum Travel Percentage||None|
With more than 15,000 associates across 600 locations in North America and Canada, HD Supply has become one of the country’s largest industrial distribution companies. HD Supply provides a broad range of products and services to customers in the maintenance, repair and operations, infrastructure, and specialty construction markets. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion – all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience.
Nearest Major Market: Tyler
Job Segment: Warehouse, Fabrication, Forklift, System Administrator, Manufacturing, Technology