Share this Job
IT Intern - Web Marketing Job
Date: Feb 17, 2014
Location: Orlando, FL, US
|Line of Business||Corporate GSC|
|Minimum Travel Percentage||None|
At HD Supply, the Information Technology (IT) team serves as a true partner to our business by reinforcing a Doing, Winning, Learning culture. This culture is our foundation for developing the innovative solutions that make it easy for customers to do business with us. We deliver automation and drive competitive advantage through a unique combination of homegrown, state-of-the-art tools, open source technologies and best-of-breed solutions from world-class business partners including SAP®, Oracle® and PeopleSoft®. Primary Description: - Participate in development of mobile application and/or mobile-optimized web application for one of the HD Supply Business Units - Work as part of a team of developers on specific aspects of the app/site which will be an ongoing project Secondary Description: - Become familiar with other technologies and platforms that the team supports (Web & Collaboration technologies)
To gain valuable hands-on experience in areas such as operations, warehouse management, distribution, production and others departments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Performs designated tasks and assignments to gain understanding of the business functional needs.
- Reviews activities and specific knowledge and skill learning with designated mentor.
- Provides insights and recommendations for improvement on business functions.
- Assists other associates with tasks as assigned and utilizes those interactions to gain information, insight, and benefits of their experience.
- Synthesizes findings and draw conclusions from analyses and make oral/written recommendations to upper management.
- Executes tasks directly related to functional projects and/or process improvements.
- Communicates issues and roadblocks related to areas of responsibility.
- May assist in a research or special projects in a variety of areas such as meeting business initiatives.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co worker or supervisor.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2 - 5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Understanding of CSS/HTML5 and Responsive Web Design
- Strong passion for mobile and modern web development
- Background in mobile applications
- Experience with MEAP Platforms (Sencha Touch, Jquery Mobile, Appcelerator, etc)
Nearest Major Market: Orlando
Job Segments: Intern, Marketing, Warehouse, ERP, Database, Entry Level, Manufacturing, Technology
Find similar jobs: